GEDS is an active drama society which welcomes English-speaking people from all over the world. Our activities are in English, but many of our members are not of English mother tongue, and a cross-section of our audiences and membership reflects the diversity of the Geneva region.
Working together on a production can be a very rewarding way to make friends, learn new skills and have fun. GEDS members have diverse interests and talents: acting, administrative, backstage, bar work, carpentry, directing, lighting, make-up, painting, programme-selling, prompting, props-making, publicity, set design, set construction, stage management, sound, ticket-checking, sewing, sandwich-making, ushering - to name just a few! Some members have no experience at all when they join but are keen to learn - and our members are keen to teach. Others join because they love theatre and simply want to watch the plays and playreadings.
- Why not join GEDS? Members benefit from:
- 20% reduction on tickets to GEDS stage productions, during a pre-booking period;
- Free entry to all rehearsed play readings;
- Participation in all GEDS activities;
- Spotlight: a regular e-newsletter keeping you up-to-date with theatrical activities in English in the Geneva area;
- GEDS at a Glance: brief, timely reminders of GEDS activities
BECOMING A MEMBER
1. Download and complete the membership form (available in PDF format).
2. Return the form to the GEDS Membership Secretary:
- By email.
- In person at the next playreading.
- By post to Geneva English Drama Society, 1200 Geneva, Switzerland.
3. Pay the membership fee. You will become a member and start receiving information about GEDS events when you have paid your yearly subscription (see below for payment information).
Members whose contact details have changed since last year are welcome to use the forms provided above, or simply send the new information by email to the GEDS Membership Secretary, or by post to Geneva English Drama Society, 1200 Geneva, Switzerland.
Yearly subscriptions: (1 September to 31 August)
- CHF 60 – individual membership
- CHF 40 – for those who have reached retirement age
- CHF 30 – students and those receiving unemployment benefits, as well as new members (valid for the first year of membership only)
Membership payment methods
- In cash at a playreading
- E-banking with your bank
- With Bulletin de Versement at any Swiss Post Office
For E-banking or the Post Office you will need to provide the following information:
- Geneva English Drama Society, 1200 Geneva, Switzerland
- GEDS' postal account number: 12-10826-9
- The reference "Membership 2018-19"
- Your telephone number and email address